You are filled with prescient reflexes and battle intuition. For the duration of the spell, you gain 1 additional reaction per round. This additional reaction can only be used for one of the following:
• When you see an enemy move, you can move up to your walking speed, as long as you move closer to that enemy.
• When you see an enemy cast a spell or attack an ally, you can make a melee weapon attack against that enemy, as long as it is within your reach.
Until the spell ends, you appear as a powerful celestial being, such as an angel or the avatar of a god. You choose the details of the appearance, but in general terms, you look larger, fiercer, and your body and equipment have a celestial aspect. These embellishments to your image include both visual and audible effects, but they fail to hold up to physical inspection, as they are intangible. A creature can also use its action to visually inspect you, discerning the disguise on a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell DC. In either case, a creature that disbelieves the illusion is able to see through it.
You have advantage on Charisma checks against creatures that believe the illusion.
You perform a sacred ceremony that confers a magical blessing upon the beknighted. The target must be a person who has no levels of paladin and who has proven themself to you by upholding the tenets of your sacred oath. At the culmination of the spell, you touch the blade of your sword to the kneeling target and impart the following benefits.
• If the target is an NPC, one of their hit dice converts to 1st-level paladin. For example, if the target is a human guard, one of one of their d8s becomes a d10, and they gain 1st-level paladin features. In addition, one of the NPC's ability scores increases by 2, to a maximum score of 15.
• If the target is a player, one of their class levels converts to 1st-level paladin. They lose all features and the hit die of the removed class level and gain those of the added level of paladin.
• After being knighted with this sacred ceremony, the target gains inspiration, and their next initiative check cannot be lower than 20.
As you wade into battle, invigorating fervor into you. Whenever you hit a hostile creature with a melee weapon attack for the first time on each of your turns, you gain 1d6 temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last for up to 1 minute.
At Higher Levels:You gain greater amounts of temporary hit points when you cast this spell using higher level spell slots: 4th or 5th level (2d6), 6th or 7th level (3d6), 8th or 9th level (4d6).