Betsy considers themselves the most beautiful creature to have ever existed. After all they say beauty is in they eye of the beholder. Unlike most sentient creatures she is not interested in power or wealth, she is instead more interested in information, well more like gossip. She will often find other to try and spread or gather new gossip to add to her arsenal most of what she speaks is truthful making her a valuable resource if you have gossip to trade. She is very narcissistic and the best way to get on her good side is to shower her with praise or tokens of affection such as flower, mirrors, chocolates, and portraits of herself. Be sure to choose your words carefully around her as her main eye releases a truth ray constantly and if insulted be prepared for a fight.
Betsy has made an abandoned castle her home. Though most of it has seen much better days, the area of the castle she spends her time in is well kept and the walls adorned with various forms of gifts to her beauty given over the years. She is well known throughout the area just the way she would want it. No one knows for sure where she came from some have hear she was made by the gods to be the most beautiful thing on this plane. Others hear she is escaping a captor that wanted to hide her beauty from the outside world. Most people believe these are rumors the beholder has spread herself. Whatever the case is over time people have come to realize that as long as you mean her no ill will or insult her she will not bother you. However if what you need is sensitive information she is the one to see. She has heard almost every piece of gossip there is to hear and will gladly trade what she knows for something just a juicy or by showering her with praise. She also has high standards to those she talks expecting those that pay her a visit to be dressed to the nines. Do not take her lightly though for her temper is hot as she thinks she is. Those that have sought battle typically meet a sad end and those that insult her beauty face a horrid death.
Bite: Takes a nibble at a near by enemy +3 hit, 5ft reach. 3d6 piercing damage
Eye Stalks: Can shoot up to three beams at random up to 120 ft, choosing one to three targets it can see.
1. Prestidigitation Ray- Target will often be cleaned up because she is not gonna fight a dirty person
2. Charm Ray - Target must make a DC Wisdom 16 saving throw or become enamored by her beauty and do as she commands for up to 1 hour or until she harms the creature.
3. Frost Ray - Creature must make a DC Dexterity 14 saving throw or take 8d8 cold damage. (Talk about giving someone the cold shoulder.)
4. Paralyzing Ray - Creature must make a DC Constitutions 14 saving throw on a fail the creature is paralyzed for 1hr. target and repeat the saving throw on each of its turns to break free.
5. Petrification Ray- Target creature must make a DC 16 Dexterity save or be restrained and being turning to stone. On their next turn repeat the saving throw and on a fail they are turned to stone.
6. Lightening Ray- Creature must make a DC Dexterity 14 saving throw on a fail takes 5d12 Lightening Damage or half on a success takes half
7. Disintegration Ray- Creature must make a Dexterity 14 or take 10D8 force damage. If the creature hit points are reduced to 0 they turn to dust.
8. Telekinetic Ray - If a creature succeeds on a DC Strength Check 16 on a fill the beholder can move the creature 30ft in any direction. The target is retrained until Betsy's next turn, incapacitated, or distracted with a compliment.
9. Enervation Ray - Creature must make a DC Dexterity 14 saving throw taking 8d8 Necrotic Damage half on a success.
10. Dance Ray - Creature must make DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or be forced to dance for one minute. Creatures immune to charm cannot be affected. A creature that fails must spend its movement to dance in its space and cannot leave it, while dancing the creature has disadvantage on Dexterity Saving throws and attack rolls. Any creature attacking the dancing creature has disadvantage on attack rolls made against them. The creature may use their action to make a save throw again to break free of the dance.
Has three Legendary Actions, it can use one legendary action at a time and only at the end of a creatures turn. They regain all legendary actions at the start of their turn.
Chisme- Has the ability to spread some juicy gossip to any one creature it can see telepathically or to dig inside any living creature mind for gossip. If the creature is unwilling they must make a Wisdom Saving throw on a fail Betsy gets any information it wants and deals 5d8 Psychic damage
Eye Ray- Will shoot a random single eye beam at a creature.