Sea Hag;Medium fey;chaotic evil;14;natural armor;52;7d8+21;30 ft. swim 40 ft.;16;13;16;12;12;13;;;;;;darkvision 60 ft. Passive perception 11;3;2;450;;Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) slashing damage.
Death Glare. The hag targets one frightened creature she can see within 30 ft. of her. If the target can see the hag
- 3rd level (3 slots): bestow curse 0 xp
it must succeed on a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or drop to 0 hit points.
Illusory Appearance. The hag covers herself and anything she is wearing or carrying with a magical illusion that makes her look like an ugly creature of her general size and humanoid shape. The effect ends if the hag takes a bonus action to end it or if she dies.
The changes wrought by this effect fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example (the hag could appear to have no claws)
but someone touching her hand might feel the claws. Otherwise (a creature must take an action to visually inspect the illusion and succeed on a DC 16 Intelligence (Investigation) check to discern that the hag is disguised.;;Amphibious. The hag can breathe air and water.
Horrific Appearance. Any humanoid that starts its turn within 30 feet of the hag and can see the hag's true form must make a DC 11 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save)
the creature is frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns
- STR with disadvantage if the hag is within line of sight (-5)
- DEX ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it (-5)
- CON the creature is immune to the hag's Horrific Appearance for the next 24 hours.
Unless the target is surprised or the revelation of the hag's true form is sudden (-5)
- INT the target can avert its eyes and avoid making the initial saving throw. Until the start of its next turn (-5)
- WIS a creature that averts its eyes has disadvantage on attack rolls against the hag.
Hag Coven. When hags must work together (-5)
- CHA they form covens (-5)
Save Throws: in spite of their selfish natures. A coven is made up of hags of any type
Skills: all of whom are equals within the group. However
Damage Resistances: each of the hags continues to desire more personal power.
A coven consists of three hags so that any arguments between two hags can be settled by the third. If more than three hags ever come together
Damage Immunities: as might happen if two covens come into conflict
Condition Immunities: the result is usually chaos.
Shared Spellcasting (Coven Only). While all three members of a hag coven are within 30 feet of one another
Senses: they can each cast the following spells from the wizard's spell list but must share the spell slots among themselves:
- 1st level (4 slots): identify
Languages: ray of sickness
- 2nd level (3 slots): hold person
Challenge: locate object
- 3rd level (3 slots): bestow curse (0 xp)
- 4th level (3 slots): phantasmal killer
each hag is a 12th-level spellcaster that uses Intelligence as her spellcasting ability. The spell save DC is 12+the hag's Intelligence modifier