Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If the lich fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
Rejuvenation. If it has a phylactery, a destroyed lich gains a new body in 1d10 days, regaining all its hit points and becoming active again. The new body appears within 5 feet of the phylactery.
Turn Resistance. The lich has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
Spellcasting: The lich is an 18th-level spellcaster. Its Spellcasting Ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). The lich has the following Wizard Spells prepared:
• Cantrips (at will): Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
• 1st level (4 slots): Detect Magic, Magic Missile, Shield, Thunderwave
• 2nd level (3 slots): Detect Thoughts, Invisibility, Acid Arrow, Mirror Image
• 3rd level (3 slots): Animate Dead, Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Fireball
• 4th level (3 slots): Blight, Dimension Door
• 5th level (3 slots): Cloudkill, Scrying
• 6th level (1 slot): Disintegrate, Globe of Invulnerability
• 7th level (1 slot): Finger of Death, Plane Shift
• 8th level (1 slot): Dominate Monster, Power Word Stun
• 9th level (1 slot): Power Word Kill
Paralyzing Touch: Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be Paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.