Death Throes. When the gauth dies, the magical energy within it explodes, and each creature within 10 feet of it must make a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw, taking 13 (3d8) force damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Legendary Resistance (1/Day). If the gauth fails a saving throw, he can choose to succeed instead.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) necrotic damage. The targeted creature must have one of its magic items lose all magical properties until the start of the gauth's next turn. If the object is a charged item, it also loses 1d4 charges. Determine the affected item randomly, ignoring single-use items such as potions and scrolls.
Eye Rays. The gauth uses two of the following eye rays. It can use each ray only once per turn. Each ray targets a creature the gauth can see within 90 feet of it.
1. Slowing Ray. The targeted creature must succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the target's speed is halved for 1 minute. In addition, the creature can't take reactions, and it can take either an action or a bonus action on its turn, not both. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
2. Confusion Ray. The target must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw, or it can't take reactions until the end of its next turn. On its turn, the target can't move, and it uses its action to make a melee or ranged attack agains a randomly determined creature within range. If the target can't attack, it does nothing on its turn.
3. Paralyzing Ray. The target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect early on a success.
4. Fear Ray. The target must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect early on a success.
5. Wounding Ray. The target must succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, or take 22 (4d10) necrotic damage.
6. Draining Ray. The target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw, taking 16 (3d10) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The target's hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken. If this attack reduces the target's hit point maximum to 0, the target dies. This reduction to the target's hit point maximum lasts until the target finishes a long rest.
The gauth can take 1 legendary action, choosing from the options below. The legendary action option can be used at the end of another creature's turn. The gauth regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
Bite. The gauth makes a bite attack.
Eye Ray. The gauth uses one random eye rays.
Animate Dead (1/Day). The gauth raises 1d3 skeletons
Telepathy. The gauth can communicate telepathically with any creature within 100 feet of it that can understand a language.
Incorporeal Movement. The gauth can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object.
Sunlight Sensitivity. While in sunlight, the gauth has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack
1. Slowing Ray.
2. Confusion Ray.
3. Paralyzing Ray.
4. Fear Ray.
5. Wounding Ray.
6. Draining Ray.